Friday, December 23, 2011

Pete and Katie

Readers may remember the project my nephew Andy asked me to make for him to give to his girlfriend Kaylie, called Love by the Moon.  Well, another beloved nephew, Peter, made the same request, for a wall hanging for him to give to his girlfriend for Christmas.

What an honor and a pleasure!  Pete had a quotation he wanted to include, and the rest was up to me.

Just like little girls and boys
Playing with their little toys.
Seems like all we really were doing
Was waiting for love.
                                from "Real Love" by the Beatles

It was the "little girls and boys" that gave me my direction...

This measures 15" X 20", and is mounted over foam core.

Here is the back:

It is just whip stitched to the front along the edge of the foam core, with all the edges tucked in nice and neatly.

I used flowers from my friends at M and S Schmalberg, and some appliques from Tinsel Trading, treasure from my recent trip to New York.  The trim is from an Indian merchant on Ebay...

They look pretty happy, don't they?
She was very pleased with her gift, Pete says....and his Aunt Allie was thrilled to be a small accomplice in support of this real love.....

6 comments :

Rian said...

What a lovely gift! And yes, they do look very happy.

Vicki W said...

What a special gift and treasure!

Debra Dixon said...

Love this one!!

NickiLee said...

What a treasure to be cherished and what a beautiful couple!
Merry Christmas Allie and thank you for all you do!

FredaB said...

Hi Allie

How cute is that. I love the picture of her as a little girl.

Happy Holidays to you and your family. We are staying in FL for Christmas but having our usual open dinner and we have 12 coming so far.

Hugs

FredaB

Anonymous said...

What a nice gift for that lovely couple...
By the way, Beatles's song took me to the back....well, I think another song "I know how to be young" fits me right now:))
Love,
Rengin