Thursday, December 15, 2011

"Go Crazy"....progress

It's been a year since I started this quilt, engulfed in a fabulous frenzy making the blocks using my Go! AccuQuilt cutter.

Since then I've embroidered all 144 blocks with the herringbone stitch in different threads/ribbons and shades of blue.  On airplanes, while on the phone, in the car....because the stitching was easy, I could do  it anywhere.  But there sure were a lot of them!

Now I've got the blocks assembled into groups of four...

What is it about plaid that is just so delicious?  Wool, silk, cotton flannel, it is all so yummy...even more so when they are all together.

Here is an overall shot...

I love the sane quilting aspect of this work, trimming the blocks, getting their corners to meet exactly.  It is like focusing an image with a camera, tightening things up.

Now look in the lower left corner...


That's #12 Aurofil thread in a feather stitch over the center seams...I have one block down, 35 to go....then I'll assemble them and cover the seams between the four block sections with more of the feather stitching.  My goal is to have it done by Monday.  Wish me luck!!!

15 comments :

Vicki W said...

It's going to look spectacular. I love all the plaid fabrics.

Joyce E said...

I love the dimensional look the pieces going through the center of the blocks gives them! Can't wait to see it finished.

Anonymous said...

How wonderful! It looks beautiful... and best of luck meeting your goal.

Debra Dixon said...

Super!!

Cathy said...

By MONDAY?!? Of what week and month? OMG you are Superwoman! :-) But as usual, I love your rich, warm colors and the plaids are to die for. Gorgeous, dimensional work! Hugs, Cathy

Suztats said...

It's gorgeous! I love the plaid and the design.

Anonymous said...

Don't forget to take a few breaks now and then. Great looking quilt! I love plaids too... just something warm and cozy about them.

Jean C. said...

Somehow I didn't get to put my name on the last comment... Merry Christmas...

Elizabeth said...

Love the look of this quilt!! Is that feather stitching being done by hand or machine!!!! this is going to be wonderful when finished!!!

Quiltgal said...

Beautiful

Rebecca Grace said...

This is gorgeous! You have such an eye for color; everything you make just sings Hallelujah. :-)

Quick question -- you're the second person I've heard mention this Accu-Quilt thing, and I have no idea what you're talking about. Can you explain what it is and why you like it?

allie aller said...

Thanks, Everyone!
To answer Rebecca's ? about the Accuquilt, their videos are a good way to get acquainted with it.
http://www.accuquilt.com/videos/

I love it because it gives me ACCURCY! ;-)

Margaret said...

Hi Allie! I haven't visited in a long time; it's lovely to stop by at last and see what you've been doing. The GO! CQ is amazing -- I didn't realize how versatile that system could be. And I really enjoyed that mini-tour through the museum.

Best wishes for a joyous Christmas and all good things in 2012.

Pamela Kellogg said...

Oh my! That's gorgeous. Yes, I love the combo of the sane quilt with the crazy stitching. Beautiful Allie!

Unknown said...

Traveling to Singapore has been quiet a common one for the tourists in the recent times. Being here in the city of lights brings the joy of ecstasy to the fullest, because this city knows the meaning of development and luxury. RightTravelsOnline.com takes the tourist there will A-one service class, and www.righttravelsonline.com/Singapore-Travel-Tour-Package.asp brings the details.