Tuesday, November 22, 2011

CQ Strips

That class sample from the last post wasn't meant to stand alone...There are several options for cutting up a whole cloth collage/appliqued CQ...into borders, into blocks....or into strips, to be alternated with fabric strips.

I just thought denim would be good here, some of my husband's jeans that wore out over the summer.  And lace of course, along with.

I don't have time to sew this up before leaving for our family Thanksgiving get together in California tomorrow...but I think it will make a really neat pillow when I get home.

Meanwhile, have a lovely holiday everyone...and thanks for being so kind to come visit me here.....xoxo

3 comments :

Pamela Kellogg said...

Allie, you always come up with the coolest ideas! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving dear one!!!

Hugs, Pam

Quiltgal said...

Cool, idea. Loved the pic of you in the the wedding dress

Barbara C said...

I love the energy in your collage piecing. It's nice to see all the bits and bobs from other projects get used up.