Friday, August 3, 2007

White Lace Frame

Well, if I am going for girly in this crazy quilt, I may as well go all the way. Today I started working with the white lace frame that is going around the central printed floral medallion.
I had envisioned lots of white stuff with this....

The lace is so heavy that it can carry some large beads...as the color and value throughout the frame are all the same, I can really load the beads on here. The interest I am shooting for is strictly textural...

Oh I just love sewing on crystals and hearts and stuff like that!!! Lots more to come here...

8 comments :

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Beautiful...

Debra Dixon said...

Very bold impact, even for white!

Possibilities, Etc. said...

I really like the "white on white" effect of the beads, crystals, pearls, etc. with the white lace - great textural interest.

Marty52 said...

Oooo, I really like adding all kinds of sparkles and pearls to lace... I can't wait to get to that point on my big project (the one I haven't started!). This is gonna be just lovely.

Granny Fran said...

That floral medallion and lace frame are the ultimate, as far as I'm concerned. I must be a girly girl (girl! ROFL!).

Rian said...

How pretty! You have succeeded in creating an interesting and beautiful texture.

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

That lace frame is so beautiful. I can't wait to see this beautiful"Lady" when finished.

Susan said...

I love that lace. The heart beads are so perfect as you have used them. This will be fabulous, as I've come to expect from you. =) I don't think I could resist adding just a few gold beads here and there. I have such trouble with leaving well enough alone.