Friday, July 27, 2007

"S"

"S" is for Stephanie, dollmaker extraordinaire, who sent me a most gorgeous doll as a gift...."Fleura" (Stephanie's name for her, which I am chosing to keep) has immediately assumed the maternal role in my "reader's corner", part of which you see below.
Stephanie, she is a treasure and for always....

The more I look at Fleura, the deeper her character becomes to me....
I never had dolls as a girl...but I sure love them now!

And here is Stephanie's "S".

My garden was indeed blooming at full tilt when I returned from Michigan....I am just waiting for the sun to come out so I can give you a tour.....

7 comments :

LouAnne said...

Allie: I see you have one of Cindy McClure's Heartstrings dolls. I have all 3 of the dolls in that series. I love how well the clothing is made and once we get moved I am going to try to develop a pattern for clothing for them. I believe she used to sell patterns, but I've been unable to find any. I loved dolls as a child but only had a few. Not the case now! LOL!

atet said...

Your new doll is wonderful and I love the S -- can't wait to see the tour of the gardens!

Threadspider said...

I was a bears and ponies sort of a girl but this doll is quite amazing. I might even have liked dolls if someone had given me this beauty.I'm sure you will treasure her.

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

I agree, Steph's dolls are amazing. She is great at everything she does, and such a sweet person. The doll she made you suits you well. What a treasure!

Teodo said...

Wonderful.
The doll you have received and the S you have done are BELLISSIMI( I wrote wonderful in italian because I'm from Italy)
Ciao ciao

Stephanie said...

Allie, the S is just gorgeous!!!! I really loved the purses you did with your family. Think I feel one coming on!

Rissa said...

The floral letters are just incredible...are you going to do an article on them for CQMagOnline?