Friday, May 25, 2007

My Glass Garden

Terry Albright is of the ladies who made a block for the Purple Heart Crazy Quilt. Her block was exquisite...but her true medium is glass. She makes beautiful beads, unique icicles, and jewelry. As a thank you for my work assembling the crazy quilt, she sent me two gorgeous necklace/earrings sets, reducing me to tears as I opened my mail that day!
I haven't been able to take them off for very long since, and wanted to share them with you.

Terry desrcribed these in an email to me:

I have some of my icicles and some earrings on www.myglassgarden.com but most of the necklace sets I sell to folks who see them in person...or someone else sees it and they want to see what's available. The swirly drips are colored glass encased in clear and then cooled and the hooks made. It's actually borosilicate which is a form of Pyrex. Because the necklaces sets are one of a kind, I don't put them on the website because I'd have to change it so often as they sold.
I hope you will visit her website to see her beautiful work, and ask her to make a set for you too!

Thanks so much, Terry......

6 comments :

Vicki W said...

Beautiful jewelry! And thanks for the link - I just ordered some earrings. I've been wanting some patriotic jewelry and she has some cute earrings with red, white and blue inside. Thanks!

Rian said...

Oooh, so pretty. I can see why you don't take them off very often.

Debra Dixon said...

Very pretty, indeed!

Threadspider said...

You must have felt very special when you unwrapped them, for they are so beautiful.

Marty52 said...

Oooo, I love the green one... I especially like the way she put just a few beads on the sides, with chain (?) in-between.

Susan said...

That's just gorgeous jewelry. Thanks for sharing the pictures, especially that close-up one. What a wonderful gift to you!