Sunday, April 8, 2007

Fan Seam Treatments

Happy Easter, Everyone!
My husband is off flying (he's a pilot, for those of you who don't know). He has missed almost each and every holiday for the last 15 years. And of course he is missing this one too. But hopefully this will be the last year of all that, and he can retire soon. Gosh it will be such a blessing to have him home on Easter, and the 4th of July, and Labor Day, and Thanksgiving, and Christmas....
I tell him it is a good thing I love my needlework so much; it really has gotten me through sometimes!

So, to the fans.
Or more accurately, to that new camera. I have studied the manual but I think the best way to get a feel for it is the way my son Max, computer genius that he is, began learning all those Microsoft programs at age 9. Just start clicking everything and see what happens. That kid was so incredibly fluent in Word, Excel, all of it....way before he could compose a cogent sentence. I would watch his fingers fly across his keyboard in a blur and say, "I sure wish you could play the piano keyboard like you can play this one!" But I digress..
I plan on just using all the different settings and options on this strange new beast, firing away, until I can start to get a feel for my new camera.
I will say, with it set on Fine image/10 megapixel, the image (when I can get it in focus) is downright scary it is so detailed.

Putting that Knotted Cretan stitch to work in evil rayon...thank you, Take A Stitch Tuesday!

Sometimes I just have to keep adding stuff until it works....!

8 comments :

Possibilities, Etc. said...

You're good with the new camera!! WOW on the detail. I'm still hoping for the new truck for Robert to carry him about the "homestead business" when he retires. Your work is singing and looking happy!! and Happy Easter!

Shelina said...

Allie, having a new camera is so much fun, and you are doing a great job taking pictures. The stitchery is wonderful as well.

Debra Dixon said...

I am sorry to hear that Robert is off flying today. I suppose that you can celebrate the holidays on any day that you choose to celebrate them. Nothing set in stone there.

More nice treatments--am actually doing some myself today!

Sonji Hunt said...

Townsend isn't around for designated holidays, but all the other times are just as nice. It's a good time to work uninterrupted.

I seriously am going to have to expand my stitching repertoire. Your work is just so beautiful. The details...ooooh!ahhhh1

Rian said...

More nice treatments is right! Lovely. Enjoy your new camera.

Kay said...

Camera work looks excellent. I have a Nikon coolpix older model, and I don't have a clue about half of its features after three years! The click and see method doesn't work for me because I can't remember what I did-- :) You are clearly doing better.

Granny Fran said...

Ooh, 10 megapixels! Ooh! I am salivating. Sure gives us a clear view of your lovely stitches. That bonnet stitch is neat.

Marty52 said...

New toy!! Boy, it sure makes those stitches pop out... so easy to see all the ins and outs. Love your fans.